Saturday 15 September 2012

I am a little shocked... (Guru Gossip)

Hello Muggles,

this post will be a little different from the rest. I am quite shocked right now and would really appreciate if you read what I'm writing right now and if you could leave a comment telling me your point of view in the comment section:

Today I found a website called Guru Gossip because I was "googling" Voussontbeauetbelle. Sounds quite strange, huh? I just wanted to find her Tumblr page because I loved to watch her videos on Youtube but because of her illness and the "hate towards her" she stopped doing them and paused Youtube for a while.
Nevertheless, the second website I found was called "Guru Gossip" and I thought: "What is it and why is it the second top website when looking for Becca?" (this is the Youtubers name I was looking for) Well, I clicked on it and read a little through it. 

The basic concept of "Guru Gossip" probably is just to offer a platform where you can talk about Beauty Gurus and Bloggers BUT there is something going very wrong on this page. Almost every famous Youtuber gets beat up to the worst! I never read more cruel things about people! From quite "harmless" accusations of Youtubers copiing each other to super mean things about not being hygenic but dirty and the biggest liar in the whole world.

Of course, you can't be sure that everything a Youtuber / Blogger tells you is true BUT you can just stop watching their videos / reading their Blogs. I think it's very cruel to be this mean and negative. There is so much hate going on that website - I still can't believe it! I am hurt how disrespectful and mad human beings can be! Those people, who write those things are probably just as horrible as the people who authorize all the comments. If I were one of the Youtubers they talk about I would probably break down, as well, and I can now understand how Becca must have felt because especially in her case those people crossed all lines possible. They taxed her with being fake and wearing extensions and literally spied on her dad's ebay account to prove what she was buying on ebay. Hello, how sick can you be? Looking all over the internet for an ebay account of a Youtubers father?? No, I can't deal with that!

This will probably be a bit harsh of me but I think that lying and gossip has become "cool" and harmless in our society. I, for example, never couldn't understand why people would watch Gossip Girl, Desperate Houswifes and Pretty Little Liars (just those three shows as an example). I looked at some episodes just to get a proper idea what the topic is and I was appaled of the "morals" those shows impart. 
I don't want to "attack" you if you like those shows but I just can't comprehend it and think the messages the shows spread are very wrong.

I don't want anyone to feel insulted (except for the really cruel people of Guru Gossip maybe - this is just wrong!) but just advance my view on my personal Blog.

Nevertheless, I hope you have a nice day!

Please leave comments telling me your opinion. Do you think the same about Guru Gossip or do you maybe think I'm the mental one? Be honest in the comment section down below! ;)

See you next time,
Hermione

4 comments:

  1. This website sounds so cruel & wrong I had never heard of it until now. I love pretty little liars & gossip girl but i would never go on that website! it sounds quite evil to be honest! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is curel!
      And I'm glad you're liking PLL and GG but not talking bad about people. ;)

      Thanks for commenting!

      xx

      Delete
  2. It's really sad how cruel some people can be. They must be so negative if they think it's okay to waste time and energy talking about someone in a horrible way when they probably don't know a single thing about them! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often think that those people are just jealous. :/

      Thanks for commenting! :)

      xx

      Delete