Tuesday 18 September 2012

"10 Day You Challenge" - Nine loves

Hello Muggles,

it's time for another part of the "10 Day You Challenge"! :)





9 Loves

1) My family
I'm especially talking about my boyfriend and my dog Baylie because I live with them and I am surrounded by them every single day.

This obviously is not my dog and my boyfriend but my dog and my Mom's cat Lizzie... after I  caught them red-handed sleeping in my old bed! :D

2) England
I just love the language, England as a country (sadly I've never been to the rest of GB) and the little things about the english culture. Take the beautiful cottages and gardens for example... although I'm probably a little too tall for those tiny houses I would love to live in one! :)



3) Harry Potter
Seriously, what is there to say? I already did several Blog posts about my passion for Harry Potter. You can read about my Harry Potter history here or have a look at what I think about the Harry Potter Audio Books (UK Version) over heeeere. ;)

Image by availableimages.com


4) Spring / Summer
I already feel my winter blues coming. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I don't feel very good on cold days. Although I don't like to be in the bare sunshine because my skin is quite sensitive I definitely need sunshine and warmth! This is why spring and summer are my favourite seasons and although summer just ended I can't wait for the first day of spring when the air smells flowery and warm. :)



5) Sweets
 I'm not a good role model at all... because I eat more sweets than other "grown ups" in their whole life. I can't help it but when people ask me about my favourite food the first thing that comes into my mind is "Cake!" (followed by salad, which is way better ;)) You can't say that freaking cake is your favourite food? How strange am I? Or better say: What did sugar turn me into? o.o I smell a conspiracy over here!

Oreo cupcakes I made for my brothers birthday. :)

6) Animals
Who doesn't love animals? They are the most pure creatures in the world and don't do anything to harm anybody - if a lion kills an antilope it is only natural because it's a cat of prey. (Human beings are, in my opinion, not allowed to kill animals because we don't live in a world where it's all about hunting for surviving. It is also proven that the human set of teeth is not for eating meat but vegetables, grain and seeds!) My favourite animals are Koalas - I love them since I can remember. Probably because I always watched a show called "Blinky Bill". Is this popular in the UK and the rest of the world as well? :)



7) Books
It's time for me to say that this is in no specific order because I love books a little more than sweets for example. ;D Well, what fascinates me in books and literature is the fact that you are able to "be another person" while reading because - in the best cases - the author "pulls" you into the action and you experience everything through the characters of the story.
I don't have a favourite genre I like to read but my favourite books in general are: Harry Potter (as you all know now) and "Der Märchenerzähler" by Antonia Michaelis, who is a German author. I definitely have to do a Blog post about it although it's German because it changed something deep inside of me. It's quite rough and hard to read but beautiful at the same time. :)



8) Children
Although this may sound strange but I think with children it's similar to what I wrote about animals: they are pure. Childhood is something beautiful I think. Everything is new and exciting and you are allowed to create your own opinions about everything and in the best case you don't have anybody standing next to you saying what you should think - children should be free. They should be able to form their free minds themselves and childrens free spirits are what I love. :) I always wanted to work with children and doing English but couldn't figure out a way to do so except for teaching and I now know that this wouldn't be my thing for 100 %. I think it's better for me to have my own children one day - and I'm super excited for this time to come! :)


9) Freedom
I think there's not enough freedom in our society at all although everybody is always proud of how "free" we are in Europe. Would you like to hear what I think about it? It's the biggest lie ever. Probably the majority here isn't happy because they feel they have to do things like go to work 5 days a week from 8am - 4pm, buy a house and a nice car, have two perfect children etc. I would like people to be theirselves and do what they really want to do - to be free and not to change theirselves to fit in this strange world. :/  Difficult topic to talk about, I think!


I hope you enjoyed that little "view into my life". 
Leave a comment and have a wonderful day!

See you next time,
Hermione

2 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes look amazing :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It was actually my first try on making cupcakes. :')
      Thanks for commenting and following! :)
      xx

      Delete