Thursday 19 July 2012

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm (Hibiscus) REVIEW

Hey everyone,

today I'd like to talk a bit about my favourite Lip Balm, which is the Tinted Lip Balm by Burt's Bees

Before I start I want you to know a little of my background in regards to cosmetics: There simply is none! ;)  I'm 21 years old now and I'm just starting to like some tiny bits of Make-Up and Cosmetics. Sounds weird for you... and for me as well. :D What I atually wanted to say is that I only used some Lip Balms you can get in a supermarket while buying vegetables. ;)  Before Burt's Bees I used Lip Balms from "Labello" and "Bebe" and some totally no-name products and I never realized that they didn't help AT ALL! 

After seeing some girls talk about Burt's Bees products on Youtube I got curious and bought the Hibsicus Lip Balm. It is quite expensive, I think (7,95 Euro) - BUT it really helps and it looks gorgeous on your lips!
 Just to show you the colour and the very nice packaging, I post this picture, which I took from: 
http://myrayofbeauty.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/burts-bees-hibiscus-package.jpg because my Lip Balm fell down and doesn't look pretty at all anymore. :(

Okay, let's get serious. As I said I really like the packaging. It's simple but I really love the dark brown combined with the reddish Hibiscus colour.
The smell reminds me of red tea and I really like it as well. :)
The texture is okay. It's very creamy BUT it does this thing with your little wrinkles on the lips, if you know what I mean. ;) Sometimes it just doesn't look that good, especially when your lips are very dry. But I don't mind as long as the lip balm makes them soft again. ;)
The colour itself is beautiful! I was looking for a colour that is slightly darker than my own lip colour and underlines it. And what should I say? Well down you people from Burt's Bees. :D I will show you some pictures of my lips before and after applying the lip balm in some days. ;)
As I said several times now the effect is brilliant! My lips never felt so soft and nice and I'm just convinced by this lip balm.

All in all: I'm in love. ;)  I really recommend the Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm and I'm going to get it in different colour shades as well in the future. ;)

I hope the review was helpful and you had fun. :)

Have a nice day and see you next time,
Hermione 

No comments:

Post a Comment